COVID-19 has impacted all of us. In March of 2020 the global pandemic spread to over 100 countries, leading many businesses to take swift action to close their doors in an effort to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.
The live event industry was significantly impacted. Concerned about the health and safety of the world population, decisions were made by venues, teams, artists, promoters, and other sport & live event businesses to shut down. Many events were cancelled, postponed, or rescheduled. Several major companies, leagues, and events that were impacted include:
- Broadway's entire 2020 - 2021 season (June '20 - May '21) was dark, the longest shutdown in Broadway's history.
- The 2020 Olympics were postponed, a first for the organization in modern times.
- The 2020 Wimbledon tournament was cancelled for the first time since 1945, only ever cancelled previously during a time of war.
- The 2019-2020 NBA season was suspended, before resuming at the Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, FL, without fans attending the games.
- The 2020 MLB Season was postponed, and then shortened to a 60 game season from a 162 game season.
- Many college sports were impacted, and games were cancelled.
These decisions were made because the health and safety of the performers, athletes, artists, venue staff, and fans is of utmost importance.
With the hope provided by the distribution of a vaccine, in 2021 SI Tix aims to be a major part of the reestablishment, the reemergence of live events.
For fans who have purchased Live Event Tickets on SI Tix, our hope is that the schedules currently published will remain in place. As fans ourselves, we understand how disruptive schedule changes are. While we cannot guarantee that there will not be any further disruption as a result of the health and safety precautions Live Event businesses are taking, SI Tix can offer fans peace-of-mind in that should your event be cancelled, you will get a 100% refund within 30 days of your receipt of the event cancellation notification.
If you have purchased Live Event Tickets, be sure to follow all local health guidelines and recommendations to protect yourself, fellow fans, and venue staff. Furthermore, please be sure to check and abide by the venues policies, so that you do not have any issues entering the venue. There may be new procedures in place to ensure the safe and healthy of venue patrons (mask requirements, temperature checks, COVID-19 Negative Test Results, Vaccine Requirements, etc). Check with the venue directly before attending your event to ensure you are prepared.
If you are not feeling well, consider gifting your tickets or selling your tickets. The faster we stop the spread of COVID-19, the sooner Live Event businesses can reopen to full capacity, artists and performers can get back on stage, athletes can exercise their skills, and fans like you and we can regularly and safely attend Live Events.